Black Freelance Academy members are professionals who’ve taken extra steps in their freelance careers to bring their clients the best services possible. Here’s how you can connect with them.
Looking for a Black freelancer and want to post a job? Email email@example.com with requirements, pay, and contact info, or sign up here to post directly in our community forum.
Direct Connect with Members
This is a list of freelancers who’ve invested in developing their careers by joining BlackFreelance academy. Check out their profiles below to learn more about them and how they can help you in your project.
- Julia Blues – Julia is an author and storytelling consultant who also offers editing services. You can reach her here.
- Shanica Blair – Shanica has written over a hundred articles for the Gleaner Co. – A regional media powerhouse in the Caribbean. As well as done editing for both magazines and websites. Shanica is pursing a B.A. in Media and Communication with a specialization in print and online journalism. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dear Minerva – a design firm with a focus on WordPress website design, and branding, for creatives and small businesses. Packages can include custom coded e-commerce solutions, Etsy shop migration, membership sites, and logo design.
- Brittany King: Although she is new to the advertising world, there is nothing small about Brittany’s experience in the field. In the past two years she has created social media plans for departments on the University of Missouri campus, Dell’s college campus program, Dell University, as well as Bud Light’s #UpForWhatever campaign. She’s also had experience writing for StylishStandout.com, Thought Catalog and writes for her own blog as well. You can catch her on Twitter as @heyitsbkay or reach her via email at email@example.com
- The PR Hero: Public relations and marketing practitioner who offers writing, editing, PR, and social media services–In her own words–“Always striving to be an authoritative, fresh and effervescent voice in the modern blogger-sphere. My focus is on the enthralling worlds of public relations + marketing, writing, lifestyle, arts, + more. ” Deshaylacisero @ gmail.com
- Mooring Designs: A small but talented Washington, DC- area-based firm specializing responsive web design and development, mobile apps, content management systems (including Drupal and WordPress), custom CMS, e-commerce, as well as logo and brand identity creation.
- Gina Charles Web Design: Gina Charles is a web developer specializing in technology based businesses. She has two years experience developing and deploying websites that are simple and easy to use. You can reach out to Gina via the contact form, her Twitter or at ginacharles12 @ gmail.com.
- Bijan C. Bayne: Born in Boston, Bijan C. Bayne is an award-winning Washington-based freelance columnist and critic, and author of the bestseller “Elgin Baylor: The Man Who Changed Basketball“. His essay on the assassination of Malcolm X, will appear in the book “50 Events That Shaped Black History”(ABL-CIO Press 2017). He has done p.r. work, copy editing, op-ed writing, and written tv, print & radio ads. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John Emmanuel is a passionate direct response copywriter with training from American Writers & Artists Inc. (AWAI). Freelancing since 2010 for the health and financial niches in both print and digital. John enjoys helping client campaigns to run on time, smoothly, within budget and exceed forecasted leads and sales. You can reach John at http://johnemmanuel.com or email at john (at) johnemmanuel dot com.
- Tai Gooden: Tai creates great lists and has written for The Guardian, XO Jane, HuffPost Parents, Black Girl Nerds, HelloGiigles and more on parenting issues, geek/nerd/pop culture, social issues, as well as TV show recaps and reviews. Email: writertaigooden @ gmail.com.