Looking for a Black copywriter or maybe even a Black web designer? Black Freelance Academy members are professionals who’ve taken extra steps in their freelance careers to bring their clients the best services possible. Here’s how you can connect with them.
Looking for a Black freelancer and want to post a job? Email email@example.com with requirements, pay, and contact info, or sign up here to post directly in our community forum.
Direct Connect with Members
This is a list of freelancers who’ve invested in developing their careers by joining BlackFreelance academy. Check out their profiles below to learn more about them and how they can help you in your project.
- Shanica Blair – Shanica has written over a hundred articles for the Gleaner Co. – A regional media powerhouse in the Caribbean. As well as done editing for both magazines and websites. Shanica is pursing a B.A. in Media and Communication with a specialization in print and online journalism. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dear Minerva – a design firm with a focus on WordPress website design, and branding, for creatives and small businesses. Packages can include custom coded e-commerce solutions, Etsy shop migration, membership sites, and logo design.
- The PR Hero: Public relations and marketing practitioner who offers writing, editing, PR, and social media services–In her own words–“Always striving to be an authoritative, fresh and effervescent voice in the modern blogger-sphere. My focus is on the enthralling worlds of public relations + marketing, writing, lifestyle, arts, + more. ” Deshaylacisero @ gmail.com
- Mooring Designs: A small but talented Washington, DC- area-based firm specializing responsive web design and development, mobile apps, content management systems (including Drupal and WordPress), custom CMS, e-commerce, as well as logo and brand identity creation.
- Gina Charles Web Design: Gina Charles is a web developer specializing in technology based businesses. She has two years experience developing and deploying websites that are simple and easy to use. You can reach out to Gina via the contact form, her Twitter or at ginacharles12 @ gmail.com.
- Brittany King: Brittany is a writer and social media strategist located in the Midwest. A believer in the power of representation, she’s dedicated to covering marginalized communities. Formerly, she’s managed social media for brands like Hershey and Anheuser Busch and written about race, gender and politics for Ebony, Blavity and Pacific Standard. She’s looking to work with and write for brands wanting to increase their reach in marginalized communities. Her areas of expertise include writing, editing, brand strategy and social media. You can view her portfolio or email here for an initial consultation at email@example.com.
- Bijan C. Bayne: Born in Boston, Bijan C. Bayne is an award-winning Washington-based freelance columnist and critic, and author of the bestseller “Elgin Baylor: The Man Who Changed Basketball“. His essay on the assassination of Malcolm X, will appear in the book “50 Events That Shaped Black History”(ABL-CIO Press 2017). He has done p.r. work, copy editing, op-ed writing, and written tv, print & radio ads. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John Emmanuel is a passionate direct response copywriter with training from American Writers & Artists Inc. (AWAI). Freelancing since 2010 for the health and financial niches in both print and digital. John enjoys helping client campaigns to run on time, smoothly, within budget and exceed forecasted leads and sales. You can reach John at http://johnemmanuel.com or email at john (at) johnemmanuel dot com.
- Tai Gooden: Tai creates great lists and has written for The Guardian, XO Jane, HuffPost Parents, Black Girl Nerds, HelloGiigles and more on parenting issues, geek/nerd/pop culture, social issues, as well as TV show recaps and reviews. Email: writertaigooden @ gmail.com.