This is where your big results start.
(…so if you haven’t filled out your Freelance Workbook yet, you’re going to want to start here.)
By now you have some pretty solid insight into what’s really going on out here in the freelance game — you know that tons of organizations and businesses are ready and excited to work with independent professionals, whether they’re relatively new or have years of experience in the freelance life. You also know that strong, high-earning freelance careers are founded on three points…
- Strong, sustainable habits that keep your business growing and succeeding the way you want it to
- A professional community that wants to see someone like you succeed
- A personal understanding of your business environment that you’re excited to develop every day
If you’ve ever been employed, those things have been provided for you (if they existed at all), so your muscles have probably gotten a little…weak. Now that you’re a freelancer, you need to focus on them more than ever. But let me tell you something I learned from experience…they can be really hard to cobble together on your own and you can burn years’ of time and thousands of dollars in fees, mistakes, and missed opportunities.
I put this community together because I want you to get past all that faster than I did…that’s where the Academy comes in.
You’re basically getting a freelance coach walking with you, week by week to keep you focused on your goals, building out the basics of your freelance business, and shaping a life of more freedom and economic control. That’s on top of a bunch of other great stuff like…
- Instant invitation to hang out with your new freelance “coworkers” (who all want to see you win at freelancing) and get real-time feedback on all your business and client challenges in our Skype group chats (you’re welcome to stay, even if you cancel!)
- Help starting and maintaining those foundational freelance habits that keep your business healthy and earning more with themed monthly challenges.
- Resources to work through specific freelance challenges (like interviewing a prospect and building a better contract) with How-To Guides.
- A leg up in getting over slumps and earning problems with weekly job updates and marketing tips.
- Deep, actionable insight into the corners of freelancing members care most about and get the most return from with sector-specific Niche Notebooks
- Courses, e-books, and templates to make your freelance life easier.
- Listing of your freelance business on BlackFreelance.com as well as personal notification of special jobs and freelance opportunities that get sent to me (Gig Alerts).
- Access to the BlackFreelance affiliate program where you earn for each new member you bring along with you.
I know you’re wondering how much a membership costs by now, so let me just get it out there…to keep it accessible to as many people as possible (because more of us need to be taking control of our income) and make sure it’s easy on your wallet, I keep the price at just $7 per month (less than you pay for Netflix ). That means if you sign just one client that you wouldn’t have on your own, you’ve already paid for months, if not years of your subscription (and that’s on top of getting to stay in our Skype group along with keeping any materials you download while you’re here.)
I know you’ll get a return on your investment every single month in time saved alone, and want you to know the same thing.
You’re probably a little curious by now, so let me tell you a little bit more about what goes on here…
There’s a basic set of values that everything we do in the Academy is built around. You’re going to get pushed in these all areas, and that’s to help fill in the holes in our businesses that employment used to support, but that we all tend to miss when we’re out here alone on our little freelance islands. (This is a judgment-free zone so it’s all done with love.)
- Reality and Numbers: I don’t want you out here playing a guessing game or “feeling” your way through freelancing. This life is a lot of trial and error, but you want to go at it with the best information possible. I’m going to encourage you to read market reports, get your skill game competitive, and even study some basic business concepts (which isn’t hard to be honest…people just like to make it sound like it is.)
- Cooperation and Support: This site isn’t just about me. Sure, I’ve got perspective and insight, but you do too. We all do. That’s why we have a forum and group chats to share what we all know and learn along the way.
- Sustainable Habits: You know how crash and fad diets don’t work? Same goes for freelancing. You’re going to get sick of hearing me talk about habits (and niches too btw), but that’s because when you talk to those freelancers who’re all happy and making 6- and 7-figure salaries, and launching passive income projects, and developing new software products based on what they’ve learned in their careers…they’ll all talk about habits…habits that they’ve kept up over years. Freelancing is a long game. Good habits are good, but sustainable good habits are even better.
- Content Marketing: If you don’t know what that is, that’s ok (for now), but it’s something everybody, and I mean everybody running a business should at least understand. You can read a bit more about it here on Forbes, but know that you might already be doing it (it’s probably why you’re reading this), and, if you invest in it now, it can pay off in the holy grail of clients that come to you in the future. (And if you’re a writer…bonus…you can even learn to sell it as a service.)
- Finding Peace: Ultimately, I want you to put together a business that improves your life, not one that has you out here grinding and hustling for their own sake or for show. I want you to make more money for less work and have more freedom to do what you want (even if that’s just to work more).
If you’re still not sure though, no worries! You get your first month free (you’ll get an alert right before the trial expires) along with a copy of my mini e-book, The Six Essential Pillars Of Your Freelance Career to keep and use for yourself even if you don’t hang around. And, there’s no commitment...stay only as long as you want. Leave when you’re ready, no questions asked. There’s even a quick and easy cancel button on your profile so you don’t have to worry about emailing me (unless you want to of course!)
Seriously, work is changing. Employers aren’t looking out for anybody the way they used to…don’t put off controlling your income and work-life any longer. Take a step to protect your career and join the BlackFreelance Academy today!
(while you’re here, check out some of our member’s successes here and some screenshots from the Academy…)
Not ready to invest in your freelance career? Check out this free (and really informative) newsletter.